Adoption STAR Academic Scholarship Program
Through its academic scholarship program, Adoption STAR recognizes college bound individuals who were adopted by providing academic scholarships.
Adoption STAR will award two to six academic scholarships ($500 – $1,500) to college bound individuals according to the following criteria:
- High school transcripts and/or other applicable test scores that reflect improvement and high achievement should be furnished with the application.
- The applicant must have been adopted or in foster care and be known to have overcome adversity.
- The applicant should demonstrate good character and high achievement despite obstacles or special challenges.
- The applicant must have advanced education plans to a 4-year college.
- The applicant should have demonstrated academic progress during their four years of high school.
- The applicant should possess good character, described by two letters of recommendation with at least one of the letters furnished by a teacher or guidance counselor.
- High school transcripts and/or other applicable test scores that reflect improvement and high achievement should be uploaded with the application.
- Deadline: May 15